This event is geared towards
- Water resource managers in utilities
- National and local monitoring and regulatory bodies
- Environmental consultants
- Environmental managers in industry and the public sector
- Wastewater treatment plant operators
- Members of River Trusts and other NGOs
Environmental quality standards (EQS) for some priority substances, posing a threat to aquatic systems, demand detection at extremely low levels, particularly in marine environments.
Chemcatcher® is a passive sampling device, capable of monitoring ultra-trace micropollutants in surface water, groundwater and coastal water. Passive sampling offers many advantages compared with traditional grab or spot sampling or biota.
Chemcatcher® can be used to detect both polar and non-polar organic pollutants, including PAHs, PCBs, PBDEs, pharmaceuticals and pesticides, as well as radionuclides, trace metals, metalloids and organometallic compounds.
What you’ll learn
Key topics that will be covered include
- Sampling for metaldehyde and acid herbicides
- The experience of a water utility using Chemcatcher® to manage a problem pollutant
- Comparison of Chemcatcher® with other passive sampling devices
With the continued maturation of passive sampling, standardising Chemcatcher® calibrations and the transfer of methods of analysis into a commercial laboratory will also be on the agenda.
In addition, time will be devoted to a Q&A session and discussion, enabling participants to pose questions and share practical user tips and insights.
Further details of topics and speakers will be announced over the coming weeks.
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport is centrally located and within easy reach, by car, rail or plane, to most UK and European cities. Jurys Inn is offering attendees a special discounted rate of £105 B&B per night, based on single room occupancy.