Transformer Monitoring Through Oil Analysis
Oil analysis is the internationally recognised standard for monitoring the condition of transformer oil and insulating paper and obtaining an early warning of internal transformer problems.
Here at T.E. Laboratories (TelLab) in Tullow, County Carlow, we operate Ireland’s only specialised transformer oil analysis laboratory, certified to ISO 9001:2015 standards.
Our team of chemists and engineers have built up decades of expertise, helping powergen and industrial customers understand what’s happening in their transformers and when to take action. Our customers include the majority of Ireland’s large-scale power generators, including ESB, and many large-scale industrial electricity users.
Because we are based in Ireland, we can respond to your needs with speed and flexibility. You don’t have to worry about shipping samples overseas – saving time, paperwork and costs.
Transformer oil analysis – tests provided
- Moisture Content – IEC 60814
- Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) – ASTM D3612
- Dielectric Breakdown Strength – IEC 60156/1995-05
- Interfacial Tension – ISO 6295
- Resistivity & Dissipation Factor – IEC 60247
- Total Acid Number (TAN) – IEC 62021-1
- Determination of Furan Content – BS 61198:1994
- Sulphides Species (DBDS) – IEC 62697
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB) – IEC 61619
- Colour – D1524-94
- Corrosive Sulphur – DIN51353 and IEC62535
Do you have confidence in your current transformer condition monitoring programme?
If you operate a high-voltage transformer, how much confidence do you have in your current condition monitoring programme?
- Are you carrying out enough oil sampling to build up meaningful trends?
- Does your team understand the correct way to takes samples?
- Are you having your analysis carried out by an ISO 9001:2015 certified operation?
- Do you really know how to interpret results and trends over time?
- Could you stand over your programme in the event of an insurance claim or accident?
- Or have you abdicated responsibility to a vaguely known third party?
You can count on our track record
If your operation is based in Ireland, then it makes sense to choose TelLab.
- We offer the full suite of transformer fluid analysis services
- Are certified to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Have over 20 years’ experience analysing transformer oils
- Supply all our customers with sample bottles, syringes and labels, designed specifically for purpose
- Provide an annual training course so your team understands how to take representative samples and interpret your lab reports
- Offer fast turnaround times
- Are based in Ireland, making it easy for you to get samples to us quickly or pick up the phone to us if you have a particular concern
- Employ a highly qualified and experienced team of chemists and engineers, who can be reached through a single point of contact
Annual Training Course
Our annual Transformer Oil Analysis Training Course, delivered by an independent, international trainer will help your team understand the role of transformer oil analysis and interpret your analysis results.
Sign up to our Transcheck newsletter
Complete the form below if you would like to receive our quarterly ezine, which will include transformer oil analysis related educational articles as well as details of TelLab events and courses by email.