Oil Analysis for Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance
T.E. Laboratories (TelLab) is currently Ireland’s only specialised oil analysis laboratory, which operates to ISO 9001:2008 standards. Our services include
We also provide fuel analysis to diagnose microbial contamination in storage tanks and to identify washed diesel or stretched petrol.
Why choose TelLab for your oil analysis programme?
- We are based in Ireland, making sample collection straight-forward and cost-effective.
- We have an established track record of over 20 years, providing lubrication and/or transformer oil analysis services for Ireland’s largest fleet managers and power generators and many of Ireland’s largest manufacturers.
- We supply you with all the appropriate sample containers, sampling equipment and chain of custody forms.
- For high-volume customers, our qualified service engineers can collect your samples on a nationwide basis and will bring them back to our laboratories for analysis. (We have developed the online Lubemonitrix service for occasional users.)
- We test all oil samples in-house in our state-of-the-art laboratories in Tullow, Co. Carlow.
- The results are evaluated by experienced diagnosticians who trend historic sample information to determine potential problems.
- The final report is issued via email and will reach you within 72 hours from sample receipt.
- Our Spectrotrack portal gives unlimited 24/7 access to your reports, via a private password, allowing you to view historical trends and log in samples online.
A vital tool for condition monitoring and preventative maintenance
Oil analysis is an increasingly important condition-monitoring tool for predictive maintenance in manufacturing, power generation, utility management and fleet operation.
Just as a blood test offers vital clues as to a person’s health, analysing a small sample of oil from a piece of equipment or plant provides a diagnostic on its condition, by indicating the presence, for example, of traces of metals, debris, water or fuel. Moreover, over time, a profile is built up on what is ‘normal’ for that asset, so deviations can be spotted quickly and easily, before costly damage occurs.
Condition monitoring through regular oil sampling and analysis is a proven tool in increasing the availability, reliability and life-time of high-value and mission-critical assets, while reducing equipment breakdowns and allowing maintenance and oil changes to be scheduled only when needed.