An EPA report focusing on the quality of private water supplies in Ireland has found that the quality of drinking water in private supplies remains poorer than that in public supplies. The report, released today, also shows that monitoring of private supplies remains inadequate.
Commenting on the findings, Dr Tom Ryan, Director of the EPA’s Office of Environmental Enforcement, said that he was concerned about the continuing poor quality of drinking water in private supplies serving commercial or public activities such as crèches, nursing homes and hotels.
“The consumption of water of unknown quality poses a serious health risk to consumers, particularly vulnerable people such as the young and elderly,” Dr Ryan warned.
The only way to tell if your drinking water is safe is by having it tested at a certified laboratory. Harmful bacteria, parasites and viruses are invisible to the naked eye, so water that looks and tastes good may not necessarily be safe to drink.
TelLab is an INAB Accredited Environmental Laboratory and can perform drinking water analysis for well grants as well as to assess the general quality of your water. We provide a full service of supplying bottles, carrying out all analysis and providing a full explanation of drinking water results.
To have your drinking water tested:
- Call us for a quote on 059 91 52881 or email us
- Call our office or fill out the online contact form for your FREE Sample Bottle test kit (All kits come with instructions and a form to be completed before submitting your samples)
- Fill the bottles, complete the form and return to TelLab within 6 hours
- Pay onsite via credit card, cheque or cash
- Sample results will be issued within 12 working days. Reports are issued in electronic and hard copy format.
For further information, visit https://tellab.ie/environmental-analysis/