Transformer oil analysis for condition monitoring
A programme of regular oil sampling and analysis plays a vital role in ongoing transformer condition monitoring and, critically, helps to ensure the maximum availability, reliability and lifetime of transformer assets.
Recognising this, T.E.Laboratories (TelLab) has teamed up with Laborelec in Belgium to bring world-leading training in this area to Ireland.
Our one-day Transformer Oil Analysis Training Course will enable you to:
- Define and implement a programme of oil analysis to monitor the condition of transformers.
- Understand and interpret oil analysis reports and implement maintenance recommendations.
Download the course brochure here.
Content of the training
The training starts with a half-day theoretical session addressing various aspects of transformer condition assessment:
- Why perform transformer oil analyses?
- What are the main oil and paper degradation mechanisms?
- Which analyses apply to which types of transformers?
- Why perform different kind of analyses at different frequency?
- What is the best frequency for conducting the analyses?
- How should the test results be interpreted: trending, comparison with international standards, etc?
- How can the results be used to create and implement a maintenance action plan?
In the afternoon, there will be a visit to our oil analysis laboratory here at TelLab. In addition, we will work through a number of case studies to highlight the interpretation of results and formulation of recommendations. TelLab is an Engineers Ireland approved training provider, and this course qualifies for over 7 CPD hours.
About our training partner
Laborelec is a leading power technology research and competence centre. It was established in 1962 to support Belgian electricity companies with research, development and specialised services. Today, it is part of GDF SUEZ, a world leader in energy.
Date & venue
The one-day training course will take place on 20 May, 2020, at our laboratories in Tullow, Co. Carlow, Ireland, allowing participants to visit a real working transformer oil analysis laboratory in action.
€975.00 per person ex VAT
Group discounts available: Three or more attendees: 10% discount
For further information or to register interest in the next course
Contact John McGrath on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call +353 (0)59 9152881
Course Cost: €975.00