This half-day course* is designed to provide participants with the appropriate knowledge of their responsibilities under the chemical agents regulations and of how to safely interact with hazardous materials.
*Can be combined with our manual handling training for an integrated, full-day workplace safety course.
Dates: This course takes place at various intervals throughout the year. Contact us to register your interest in the next available course.
– Legal overview – employer & employee duties in current legislation
– Routes of entry of hazardous substances – how hazardous substances can adversely affect personnel, depending on route of entry, dose and duration of exposure.
– Classification of hazardous substances – site-specific information in relation to particular hazardous substances can be addressed in this section
– Labelling and material safety data sheets
– Associated hazards of compressed gases – handling, use and storage
– Overview of control strategies in relation to the handling of hazardous substances – personal protective equipment (PPE), biological safety cabinets, fume cupboards etc
– Safe storage and compatibility groups
– Spillages and hazardous waste disposal
– Incident and accident reporting
Trainer: Breda Moore, Technical Director, TelLab.
Venue: TelLab, Loughmartin Business Park, Tullow, R93 N529 County Carlow. Alternatively, depending on numbers, we can provide this training on site at your organisation.
Cost per course: €495.00 + VAT per attendee, including all course materials, lunch and teas/coffees. Discount available for multiple bookings.
Contact: John McGrath, T: 059 9152881, E: firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in our next course date or to make a booking.